Remote Independent Individual Web Application Developer
eXcelisys Inc., is a 100% USA based organization of talented, self-motivated, self-disciplined, and “mostly” self-managed individuals specializing in designing, supporting, developing, and consulting on custom business application software solutions. We have provided a variety of companies, organizations, and industries worldwide with innovative and diverse custom software development, consulting, and repair services.
We are currently experiencing SERIOUS growth and demand for our web app/site development services, and that’s where you come in.
PLEASE NOTE: We are specifically looking for an individual who is USA-based and wants to become part of our growing web applications team. Not interested in outsourcing to any companies offering similar services.
If you like setting your own hours, working from whatever idealistic environment scenario you currently envision, eXcelisys might be the perfect fit for you. In addition to retaining your independence and your right to work in shorts or PJ’s from the comforts of your home office, you will become part of something bigger than yourself: a collective of entrepreneurial like-minded, talented programmers, developers, project managers and sales gurus. You’ll find that, despite our autonomy and our unique individual talents, abilities, and personality quirks, we share a common goal: to foster long–term technology partnerships with our clientele, and to provide a creative and positive environment for our fellow teammates that empowers each with the confidence to thrive and do his or her best.
We are looking for a disciplined, self-motivated, talented, experienced, charming, cunning, take-no-prisoners problem solving web application developer who can hit the ground running; who can take a project from cradle to midlife crisis; who can please every client with solutions that blow minds, win hearts, and exceed expectations. You can focus on what you are good at (we hope satisfying clients with amazing web application development) and not have to worry about sales, marketing, bill collection, invoicing, loud-talker in next cubicle, or a soul-sucking commute!
Your Technology Tool-belt:
Bonus for these, but not required:
eXperience with AWS, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, LAMP stack system administration, security analysis/penetration testing, Drupal, Joomla, Laravel, Node.js.
Strong understanding of application design, relational database theory, experience with mobile/responsive development and security, you’re savvy with understanding business and workflow models.
- Strong understanding of application design, relational database theory, eXperience with mobile/responsive development and security.
- Strong understanding of UX and web application design; you’re savvy with understanding business and workflow models.
- You know the difference between being responsive, and designing responsive. We are hoping for both.
- Know which details matter and when to push back and say “no”.
- No fear of asking questions when you need answers from clients in order to help them get what they need or want.
- Can work alone and with others.
- Understand that arranging content may sometimes require a square peg to fit into a round hole so be prepared to either round the peg or square the hole.
- Anxious to work on a variety of platforms and products that hopefully enhance our clients’ eXpectations, and even better, your skills.
- Can bedazzle with copious notes when needed or required.
- Responsible individual and you take pride in that.
- Pride in your craftsmanship, but not arrogant.
- Love seeing the world through someone else’s eyes and building to suit their mental model of the world, no matter how much pain it may cause you.
- Can handle multiple projects of all sizes and possess strong creative problem–solving skills.
- Good sense of aesthetics; color is good, but the UI doesn’t need to have every color from the crayon box.
- Good math skills, more so toward Algebra, basically you have progressed beyond flash cards.
- KISS can be the best approach.
- Available min M-F during the day, and can be easily reached.
- Comprehend that deadlines are serious, but you can competently communicate issues that may have to move them.
Compensation and perks:
This 1099 remote subcontractor opportunity is for a seasoned and self-motivated individual ONLY.
- Hourly compensation based on a % of the billable hour – Base rate based on skill-set and any current certifications obtained. (AVG is $40-$85/hr)
- Yearly loyalty bonus
- SPIFF program – easy eXtra money
- Lead generation commissions
- Remote/telecommute working arrangement
- Flexible time commitments
- 10-25 hours a week to start, 40 or more if you want and prove yourself worthy.
To apply for this position:
IMPORTANT – Samples of your work WILL be required (we want to make sure that you can walk the walk and not just talk the talk) and will be reviewed as part of your interview process. If you are interested, please send us a cover letter and a resume in PDF format that we should enjoy reading to: opportunities at excelisys dot com.
Please INCLUDE this stuff too when applying:
- Three screen shots or URL’s of original web applications or web sites you have developed with a summary description of that application – note any cool spicy things you are proud of!
- A description of your web application development experience – solutions you have had the opportunity to work on, some of the industries you have had the pleasure of developing for, bragging is good here.
- Your availability to start.
We review ALL submissions for this opportunity as long as you pass the first few tests we snuck in here. We look forward to meeting and working with you soon!